Friday 19 October 2012

Friday Dinner, Grilled chicken with wild rice & vegetables

Spinach, Asparagus, Wild Rice, Chicken breast, Baby Courgettes

Some of the ingredients for my dinner tonight, which I have to say was delicious but way too big, the dinner picture I have posted here, I didn't even manage to eat half of that and I was completely full to the brim.

Baby Courgettes (Yum!)

Wild Rice 

(Note: Wild rice needs to cook for up to an hour, so I decided to mix it with ordinary rice and it was done in 25 minutes)

The Finished Dinner


What I used:
2 chicken breast fillets (of which I could only eat one..) - I coated this lightly in soy sauce & teriyaki and grilled them for 4-5 minutes in my George Foreman grill.
1/4 cup of dry rice - boiled in 2 cups of water, boiled 25 mins.
A bowl of 1 handful spinach, broccoli stems, asparagus and baby courgettes, all steamed in the microwave for about 3-4 minutes in very little water.
4-5 plum tomatoes with pepper on.

And voila- healthy and extremely filling, no additives, just fresh loveliness :)

Like I said, I could only manage half of that plate full, all those vegetables filled me up a lot.




I might do a little post on what my boys had for dinner as that was really yummy too and both polished it off in no time.
Thanks for looking and if you have any questions - pop them below or find me on Twitter @chicbeauty_


2 comments:

  1. That puts my dinner to shame (presentation and healthy wise - although i am having brown rice) - looks gorgeous

    Rachael @ http://www.rachphillips.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, that looks gorgeous. I am in a real spinach love fest at the moment.

    ReplyDelete