So today is the day I kick start my 30 day abs challenge..
I didn't get off to the best start as I realised when getting into my desk at 9 am I hadn't had breakfast- this is mainly due to the fact that I never eat breakfast AND I left the house before 7am -so simply forgot.
Anyway at least I had my lunch with me which I will share with you here for a very filling and tasty option.
I actually feel like what I had was too much as I felt SO full afterwards, but looking at the portion it seemed a normal lunch type portion.
What I had was Warm Beetroot and lentil salad, and here's how it's made and what you need to make it.
Ingredients (serves 6- but I'll split it up and have it over a few days.)
- 1 table spoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 x 400g cans brown lentils, drained, rinsed
- 450g can beetroot wedges, drained
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 80g baby rocket leaves
- 180g feta cheese, cut into cubes
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan over medium heat/ or use frylight as I do. Add onion. Cook for 2 minutes or until softened. Add garlic, lentils and beetroot. Cook for 1 minute.
- Whisk together remaining oil, vinegar, and salt and pepper. Add to lentils. Toss to coat.
- Combine rocket or spinach, feta or goats cheese (optional) and lentil mixture in a bowl. Toss gently to combine.
Very delicious and so filling..
I have some pineapple slices, 1 banana and 2 apples to eat too at some point. Oh and a bag of pumpkin seeds.. They are so tasty!
Tonight I'll get home late sadly (I work on Tuesdays and Thursdays) so it'll be 7.30 pm maybe even 8pm before I can think about dinner.
I want to do a workout tonight followed by day 1 of the abs challenge exercises, as Melissa from http://thrutheblue.me/ has kindly posted as a video here Abs video - so in terms of food I am not really sure..
I think I have to rethink my meal routines on the days I work. Today I will grab a banana near 6pm so I have some fuel for my work out and then possible a vegetable soup later.
I have so far had 1 litre of water but fully intend to finish my 2 litres by the end of the day- and there endeth my Day 1 #30DayAbChallenge post- I shall update you all on how much that video kills me - because I *know* it will...